Making Tax Digital (MTD) April 2019
CHM Software is the solution for those businesses still opting to use spreadsheets for MTD VAT mainly for one of the following reasons:
- More comfortable using Excel.
- Have complex VAT areas such as the margin scheme, capital goods scheme or partial exemption.
- Have pre-MTD software which can report to Excel (such as Sage 50, Chairman and others).
- Part of a VAT group.
- Don’t want to move to an expensive bookkeeping package.
Bridging software is a digital tool used to send data from the VAT return (boxes 1-9) within a spreadsheet to HMRC’s Government Gateway. Our bridging tool is a Macro-enabled Excel spreadsheet which will require linking each time you need to file a VAT return. It can also be embedded into your own spreadsheet should you prefer.
See how it works…
This simple bridging tool will enable any individual or agent to submit the 9 Box VAT return to HMRC as required under MTD VAT from their own Excel spreadsheet for only £7.50 + VAT per return.
Steps to file your VAT return:
- Download our FREE bridging tool.
- Link or embed to any existing spreadsheet or spreadsheets exported from pre-MTD accounting software, using our step by step guide on how to link.
- Once linked up VAT return data and entered VAT details, press submit.
- The VAT return data will then be sent securely to our web portal for secure filing.
- Receive confirmation of submission and download filed VAT return for your records.
If you are an accountant or bookkeeper, join our Partner Programme and pay only £1.25 + VAT for each VAT return filed by you or your clients.
Get in touch if you require any assistance or have any questions:
VAT Payer Downloads
Download for free and try them out.
Submit VAT Returns on a pay as you go basis for only £7.50.
|Please Note: If you are an Agent on our Partner Programme, please login and download your bridging tool from your Account page.||Login > > >|
Excel 2007 onwards.
Excel 2007 onwards. TEST/PRACTICE version
This is a pre-populated spreadsheet which quickly allows you to see exactly how a VAT Return happens.
|Open Office, Libre Office, Linux Libre Office.|
|Excel for MAC 2011 onwards|
|Google Sheets||Coming soon|
HMRC Portal Access
- VAT Returns
- VAT Obligations
- VAT Liabilities
- VAT Payments
Open HMRC Portal