Making Tax Digital (MTD) VAT Bridging Software
Our simple bridging tool will enable any individual to submit the 9 Box VAT return to HMRC as required under MTD VAT from their own Excel or other spreadsheet for only £7.50 + VAT per return.
If you are an accountant or bookkeeper and process more than 16 returns per year, it is more cost effective to join our Partner Programme and pay only £1.25 + VAT for each VAT return filed by you or your clients. Click 'Partner Login' on the main menu.
Our bridging tool spreadsheets enable you to link your VAT Return figures from your spreadsheet
to ours using an HMRC MTD compliant method.
Our spreadsheet can also be embedded into your spreadsheet should you prefer.
Once you have linked your figures to our spreadsheet, it needs to be sent to our secure website for processing and submission to HMRC.
There are two methods we use to do this:
1. With Macro's enabled you can simply press the 'File My VAT Return' button at the bottom of our spreadsheet.
2. Save our sheet and upload it to our website using 'drag and drop' or 'file selection' on our Uploads page
How to submit your MTD VAT Return
Simple steps to file your VAT return using the CHM Software Bridging Tool Spreadsheet:
- Download our bridging tool spreadsheet. Jump to Download Links.
- Digitally link your VAT Return data from your spreadsheet to ours using the '=' and 'Enter' linking method explained in our User Guide..
- Enter your Company Name, VAT Number, Period Dates and email address into our spreadsheet.
Send your VAT figures to our secure website using one of these methods:
If you DO NOT have Macros Enabled or had problems enabling macros, then:
Save our spreadsheet and upload it to our secure website using the 'Upload' option on our Uploads page.
If you have Enabled Macros then:
Click the 'File My VAT Return' button in our spreadsheet to transmit your VAT Return data to our secure web site.
- Check and confirm the period dates and your figures are correct.
- Login to HMRC using your GOV.UK credentials and give permission to allow our software to process your data.
- Complete our simple payment page using card or paypal similar to most internet shops.
- Receive your VAT Return Confirmation and Invoice emails.
See how it works…
CHM Software is the solution for those businesses still opting to use spreadsheets for MTD VAT mainly for one of the following reasons:
- More comfortable using Excel, OpenOffice or LibreOffice.
- Have complex VAT areas such as the margin scheme, capital goods scheme or partial exemption.
- Have pre-MTD software which can report to Excel (such as Sage 50, Chairman and others).
- Part of a VAT group.
- Don’t want to move to an expensive bookkeeping package.
Please get in touch with us if you require any assistance or have any questions:
VAT Payer Downloads
Select the spreadsheet that matches your spreadsheet software
Download for free and try them out.
Submit VAT Returns on a pay as you go basis for only £7.50 + VAT.
|Please Note: If you are an Agent on our Partner Programme, please login and download your bridging tool from your Account page.
|Login > >
NEW... UPLOAD option. (avoiding Macros)
For all Excel, OpenOffice and LibreOffice spreadsheets
Rather than clicking the 'File My VAT Return' button in our spreadsheet, you can now save and then upload it here instead
Drag one of our spreadsheets here or Click to Select your Saved file.
Excel 2007 onwards.
|Open Office, Libre Office, Linux Libre Office.
|Excel for MAC 2011 onwards
(May take a few seconds to open )
HMRC Portal Access
By entering your VAT Number and a period start date, you can interrogate the HMRC portal to request details of your:
- MTD VAT Returns
- MTD VAT Obligations
- MTD VAT Liabilities
- MTD VAT Payments
- MTD VAT Penalties
Open HMRC Portal