Making Tax Digital (MTD) Bridging Software
Our simple bridging tool will enable any individual to submit the 9 Box VAT return to HMRC as required under MTD VAT from their own Excel or other spreadsheet for only £7.50 + VAT per return.
If you are an accountant or bookkeeper and process more than 16 returns per year, it is more cost effective to join our Partner Programme and pay only £1.25 + VAT for each VAT return filed by you or your clients. Click 'Partner Login' on the main menu.
Our bridging tool is a Macro-enabled Excel spreadsheet which will enable you
to submit your VAT Return data from your spreadsheet via our spreadsheet to HMRC using an MTD compliant method.
Our spreadsheet can also be embedded into your own spreadsheet should you prefer.
How to submit your MTD VAT Return
The first, most critical and time consuming step is to get signed up with HMRC for MTD VAT.
View our Guide.
Simple steps to file your VAT return using the CHM Software Bridging Tool Spreadsheet:
- Download our bridging tool spreadsheet. Jump to Download Links.
- View our simple bridging tool user guide. View our Guide.
- Digitally copy your VAT Return data from your spreadsheet to ours following our guide.
- Enter your VAT Number and Period Dates into our spreadsheet.
- Click the 'File My VAT Return' button to transmit your VAT Return to our secure web site.
- Check and confirm your figures.
- Login to HMRC using your GOV.UK credentials and give permission to allow our software to process your data.
- Complete our simple payment page using card or paypal similar to most internet shops.
- Receive your VAT Return Confirmation email and Invoice email.
See how it works…
CHM Software is the solution for those businesses still opting to use spreadsheets for MTD VAT mainly for one of the following reasons:
- More comfortable using Excel.
- Have complex VAT areas such as the margin scheme, capital goods scheme or partial exemption.
- Have pre-MTD software which can report to Excel (such as Sage 50, Chairman and others).
- Part of a VAT group.
- Don’t want to move to an expensive bookkeeping package.
Please get in touch with us if you require any assistance or have any questions:
If you would like to download a spreadsheet and try it out for free:
Go to Downloads Page